Thursday, November 18, 2010

Snow carving warm-up 2010/2011 let it snow!

Snow is falling all clean and fresh and the almanac says we are in for the coldest winter in 50yrs. Lets carve snow, Calgary got a foot today from what I here. What do you do with it all. Well if you have a bit of time you can do all sorts of things with it but I suppose shoveling (stretch first , you've got lots of work ahead of you) would be the natural place to start, though I leave it up to you but don't forget the anti-freeze. Me, I'm going to re-read the past posts that Mr.Arnell was kind enough to share with us last winter. Making a big pile and hoping it melts just isn't my way. I want to do it right so its ready for some serious snow carving. I think maybe I'll order a set of those snow carving tools Tim was talking about and try my hand at it. And if we're lucky he'll show us some more photo's and snow carving techniques

So bundle up, stay safe, and if your in the back country this winter breaking all the high marks or the rules ( not that you'd do that) be sure to take your avalanche and GPS locator stuff. Because we want you back long before its time to mow the lawn in the spring and I need to know, is it snow carving or snow sculpting?

No comments:

Post a Comment